ASUS Transformer Pad (asus-tf300t)
None of this work has been merged upstream. Check out the work-in-progress here or contact jonty-comp on IRC.
There is a rebased version of jonty-comp's branch on postmarketos/device-asus-tf300t
- Jasper (working on ASUS Transformer Pad Infinity)
- Compiling CM13 kernel (GitHub)
- Compiling 4.14-rc3 with tf300t specific patches
- Flashing via Android recovery zip (Boot image included)
- System boots
- Most sensors/cameras/devices seem to be detected (e.g. accelerometer values can be read from
What does not work =
- Flashing via fastboot (device appears to write successfully but then locks up and does not apply the uploaded image)
- Framebuffer (stuck on ASUS bootloader graphic)
The framebuffer issue is an interesting one as it works without issue on CM13-based Android ROMs with the same kernel and defconfig. Possible toolchain issue or patch needed for GCC6.
Devices with a working framebuffer output modesetting information in
dmesg after loading the tegradc driver, but the PMOS compiled kernel does not. Common fixes including setting values in
/sys have no effect yet.
The first step to do anything with the device is unlocking, with this device its done by sideloading the unlock apk from asus and clicking a few buttons in the app. The apk can be found on the asus support page.
It seems like the bootloader doesn't handle flashing the boot and userdata partition correctly, the official firmware package flashes an "Android blob" to the staging partition with fastboot which triggers an flashing screen on the tablet which copies the data to the correct partitions.
It looks like someone made a tool to generate the android blob files here: https://github.com/AndroidRoot/BlobTools