Asus Zenfone Max
|Chipset||Qualcomm Snapdragon 410 (MSM8916)|
|CPU||Quad-core 1.2 GHz Cortex-A53|
|Display||720 x 1280 pixels|
|This device is based on the Snapdragon 410.|
See the SoC page for common tips, guides and troubleshooting steps
Users owning this device
|Asus has stopped the official maintenance of older devices. So, it's impossible to unlock the bootloader with the official app anymore.|
How to enter flash mode
- Recovery: Power on the device with both
- Stock fastboot: Power on the device with both
Volume Upbuttons. You only need this to install lk2nd.
- lk2nd Fastboot: Power on the device. After it vibrates/the display shows up, hold
|Note: Pressing the keys too early will cause the stock bootloader to handle the key combination. You will end up in the wrong Fastboot interface.|
WLAN/BT module does not work?
|WARNING: It worked on author's device but be careful to use it on your own.|
If your device does not have wlan module (not shown in
ifconfig, for example), then your
dmesg output probably contains something like:
qcom-wcnss-pil a204000.remoteproc: error -22 initializing firmware wcnss.mdt
remoteproc remoteproc1: Failed to load program segments: -22
It means that firmware files, that are on your device (/dev/mmcblk0p39), different with files required. It can be fixed easily:
- unmount /lib/firmware/msm-firmware-loader/mnt/modem
- unmount /lib/firmware/msm-firmware-loader
- mount /dev/mmcblk0p39 to /mnt (for example)
- backup your /mnt/image/wcnss.* because we will overwrite it
- copy firmware files from here (files I found through browsing...) to your /mnt/image
So, now you have different firmware files. After rebooting, if everything is OK, you will have working WiFi and BT.
- Install lk2nd (alternative bootloader that provides a standard fastboot interface)
- Follow Qualcomm_Snapdragon_410/412_(MSM8916)#Installation.
Runs on mainline kernel
Works: USB Network, WiFi, Bluetooth, Display, Touchscreen, Volume buttons, Hall Effect Sensor, Accelerometer, Magnetometer, Notification Lights Audio (Headphones, Earpiece, Speaker, MIC), Voice calls (VoLTE not supported), SMS, Mobile Internet
- pmaports!1757 Initial merge request