A set of apps with constant looks across all the apps and can run in lower system without hardware acceleration and optimized for touchscreen.
CoreApps running on LG Nexus 5x (bullhead)
Apps work smoothly on most devices with a working display, both with and without hardware acceleration.
There are some core features that make applications great to use on mobile devices. Some are listed here.
- All the apps are light with lesser dependencies, use less RAM.
- All the apps are touch-friendly and suitable for phablets and tablets and we are working towards that.
- Apps use the precious vertical screen real estate properly. So, apps work great in small screens.
There are 19 CoreApps and they all listed here with their descriptions.
- CoreAction - A side bar for showing widgets
- CorePins - A bookmarking app.
- CoreArchiver - Archiver to create and extract archives.
- CoreFm - A lightweight file-manager
- CoreGarage - A settings manager.
- CoreHunt - A file finder utility.
- CoreImage - An image viewer.
- CorePad - A document editor.
- CorePaint - A paint app.
- CorePDF - A PDF viewer.
- CoreRenamer - A batch file re-namer.
- CoreStats - A system resource viewer.
- CoreStuff - An activity viewer/ luncher.
- CoreUniverse - Shows information about apps from the CoreApps family.
- CoreTime - A time related task manager.
- CoreTerminal - A terminal emulator. (Not ported because qtermwidget is not in repo)
- CoreShot - A screen capture utility.
- CoreInfo - A file information tool.
- CoreKeyboard - A virtual keyboard for x11.
All the apps except 1 are in the pmOS repo. So just install them by
$ sudo apk add corefm
- This apps can be used with any Desktop Environment. But recommended with i3wm, matchbox, xfce.
- More usable in horizontal screen rotation.
- Make package with i3wm + CoreApps as a interface.
- Follow the Display guide to fix apps icons and text are small.
- Some icons are showing discolor. Because of SVG is no rendering correctly.