Google Nexus 4 (lg-mako)
- PabloCastellano and robb4 on IRC: Workaround for red screen bug #54
Entering "Fastboot mode"
Volume Down +
Power, let go of
Power once the device display does something (e.g. turns from battery icon to black screen).
- Weston (has the red screen bug, but we have a workaround for that now 👍 )
What does not work
- The rest (Wifi, bluetooth, making calls, ...)
- fbsplash only displays splash images very shortly, then goes to black screen
It *should* be possible to run the mainline kernel on the lg-mako, maybe we need to write a display driver, but there's a tutorial for it. I (ollieparanoid) didn't do enough research on this yet - if you're interested in doing this, please talk to opendata26 from postmarketOS and robclark from the freedreno project. With their help it should be quite feasible.
These are not packaged yet in postmarketOS, feel free to package them.
- Freedreno backport to 3.4.0 (couldn't make it work out of the box and I suggest trying to get mainline working instead of spending time on this one)
- #38 Freedreno backport to 3.0.8