Google Nexus 4 (lg-mako)
- PabloCastellano and robb4 on IRC: Workaround for red screen bug #54
Entering "Fastboot mode"
Volume Down +
Power, let go of
Power once the device display does something (e.g. turns from battery icon to black screen).
- Weston (has the red screen bug, but we have a workaround for that now 👍 )
What does not work
- The rest (Wifi, bluetooth, making calls, ...)
- fbsplash only displays splash images very shortly, then goes to black screen
It *should* be possible to run The Mainline Kernel on the lg-mako, maybe we need to write a display driver, but there's a tutorial for it. I (ollieparanoid) didn't do enough research on this yet - if you're interested in doing this, please talk to opendata26 from postmarketOS and robclark from the freedreno project. With their help it should be quite feasible.
- Freedreno backport to 3.4.0 (couldn't make it work out of the box and I suggest trying to get mainline working instead of spending time on this one)
- #38 Freedreno backport to 3.0.8