Google Nexus 7 2013 (asus-flo)
Jump to navigation Jump to search
- montvid porting
- #postmarketos irc crew
- John Stultz Flo kernel patches maintainer
- Rob Clark Freedreno video driver maintainer
- Linaro, Qualcomm, Red Hat drivers, kernel upstreaming
Users owning this device
- Boot to bootloader: Power + Volume Down
- Boot to recovery: Power + Volume Up
- Shutdown: Power
- WIFI firmware sometimes does not load on boot. WIFI connection is very slow - probably to the wcn36xx driver still being a work in progress. You need to start WiFi#Start_WIFI_manually as the firmware loads late in the boot process.
sudo wpa_supplicant -u -Dnl80211 -B -c/etc/wpa_supplicant/wpa_supplicant.conf -iwlan0 sudo nmcli device wifi connect "ssd" password "pass" ifname wlan0
- Flash the system to a userdata partition to have 10GB free space. If you don't see 10GB install TWRP recovery and format system/all partitions and start again:
./pmbootstrap.py flasher flash_rootfs --partition userdata ./pmbootstrap.py flasher flash_kernel
- When I tried flashing rootfs, it would fail almost immediately after erasing. I installed TWRP, and tried a few things to "wipe" it, which worked, and then permitted the good flash (with hildon UI) below. (Note that, although the instructions for TWRP 3.2.2-0 for asus-flo suggest that you might need to do "fastboot reboot" and then hold down the buttons, that only resulted in what appeared to be boot loops of TWRP -- what worked instead was to use the buttons to power off, and then use the buttons to boot recovery.)
(native) flash rootfs image target didn't report max-download-size erasing 'userdata'... OKAY [ 0.977s] sending 'userdata' (395264 KB)... OKAY [395.414s] writing 'userdata'... OKAY [ 19.449s] finished. total time: 415.840s
- When I tried flashing with the Hildon UI (on 2018-07-27), it booted to the blue Hildon wallpaper, but the wallpaper only filled a square subset of the display.
- For unknown reasons, I'm seeing rootfs flash times that seem slow. For example, a flash of plasma-mobile ui (808 MB) took 850.323s, with 808.169s of that in sending phase. This is approx. 10 times the duration for flashing sony-amami from the same laptop.
- I would recommend installing and using MATE as it is very complete
- To run Internet via USB see USB Internet
- Correct battery charge info appears to be in: /sys/bus/i2c/drivers/bq27xxx-battery/0-0055/power_supply/bq27541-0/charge_now
- It's possible that Nexus 7 2013 units have flash hardware problems: AndroidPolice.com 2015-04-19, appleinsider.com 2013-06-18