Google Pixel 6a (google-bluejay)
Green Pixel 6a.
|Original software||Android 12|
|CPU||Octa-core (2x2.80 GHz Cortex-X1 & 2x2.25 GHz Cortex-A76 & 4x1.80 GHz Cortex-A55)|
|Display||AMOLED 1080x2400 60Hz|
The Google Pixel 6a is Google's 2022 budget Android phone. It is the third product utilizing Google's in-house silicon, the Google Tensor SOC. It shares common hardware with the pixel 6 and 6 pro, however has a smaller amount of RAM, lower refresh rate, no wireless charging capabilites, and uses a smaller display.
Users owning this device
- Denix (Notes: Running CalyxOS - Main phone)
- Little-miss-synth (Notes: running grapheneOS - Main phone)
- Meowking (Notes: Daily driver, GrapheneOS)
How to Unlock Bootloader
WARNING: Doing this will wipe ALL data on your device. Please backup all your personal data before continuing!
On the Pixel 6a, OEM unlocking won't work with the version of the stock OS from the factory. You need to update it to the June 2022 release or later via an over-the-air update. After, you've updated it you'll also need to factory reset the device to fix OEM unlocking.
About PhoneScroll down and tap
Build Number7 times.
Developer OptionsScroll down and enable
USB Debuggingand tap Ok.
- While In
OEM Unlocking. You will be prompted for your pin code (If applicable) and then warned about the risks of OEM Unlocking. Tap Enable.
- Be absolutely certain you have any important data backed up.
- Connect your device to a PC and open a terminal.
- Confirm your device is detected by typing
- Authorize the device with the onscreen dialogue if it's listed as Unauthorized.
- Reboot to the bootloader with
adb reboot bootloader.
- Unlock the bootloader with
fastboot flashing unlock.
- Press continue on your device's screen.
How to enter flash mode
- Power off the device.
- Press and hold Volume Down and Power until
You are now ready to flash!
XDA User Freak07 built a proof of concept mainline kernel based on the mainline 5.15 branch by Google. They note this is essentially a mainline Generic Kernel Image (GKI) with downstream Android driver modifications.
- Freak07 Proof of Concept Kernel: Pixel 6 Mainline Kernel
- Google Git 5.15 Mainline: raviole-device-mainline
- XDA Guide: Pixel 6 Unlock Bootloader