- Ross Schulman
- Kernel builds
- Trying to boot the kernel with
fastboot boot ...freezes the phone, as does using
pmbootstrap.py flasher boot
- Trying to flash the kernel with
pmboostrap.py flasher flash_rootfsor
flash_kernelresults in a
remote:not allowederror, although this may be related to a corrupted partition table on my particular device.
- Nothing yet
|mmcblk0p32||928 MiB||ext4||android system|
|mmcblk0p33||320 MiB||ext4||android cache|
|mmcblk0p34||5.8 GiB||ext4||android userdata|
What have I tried so far
- Pulling flash offsets from two different dlx ROMS. Both match each other and what we're using.
adb pushing the .img file and attempting to use
ddto write into the system partition. Only succeeded in mangling the partition.
- Reflashing CM-12 just to be sure that the phone isn't totally bricked, but CM installs just fine and boots properly.
- Ross Schulman's particular HTC Droid DNA is individually broken and/or not unlocked properly (but see the ability to flash and boot multiple different CyanogenMod versions)
- Somehow the offsets are incorrect (haunting feeling this is it, but numbers were taken from previously mentioned CyanogenMod boot.img)
- The dlx doesn't actually use the m7's kernel at all (this doesn't seem plausible given the number of places that have indicated it is true)
- Ross is just mis-executing commands in some fundamental ways (the most likely of the bunch)