Matrix and IRC
Please join our chat, so we can help you with using postmarketOS in real time. The chat is bridged between Matrix and IRC. We also provide an offtopic channel, which can be used to discuss your favorite pizza API and other non-related topics with the postmarketOS community.
In case you have no experience in using IRC, this is the easier method. You can just open a website in your browser to enter the channel.
- #postmarketos:disroot.org (main channel)
- #postmarketos-lowlevel:disroot.org (bootloader hacking, assembly etc.)
- #osk-sdl-dev:disroot.org (osk-sdl support and development)
- #postmarketos-offtopic:disroot.org (other topics)
After you register at any matrix site and join the channel, the offline history will be saved automatically. So, your questions can be answered even when you are offline!
Note: Our rooms are public & everyone can access the history even if you are not a registered matrix/riot user.
The following three channels are bridged to freenode (mind the
## for offtopic!):
#postmarketos ##postmarketos-offtopic #postmarketos-lowlevel
Due to recent spam, you will likely not be able to talk (or maybe even to join) before you register your username on freenode.
I'm getting kicked out of the channels!
There was a spam wave coming in recently on Freenode, so now you might need to register with Freenode to let them know that you are not a spam bot.
- Open a new chat with "NickServ" (Matrix/Riot: open a new chat with
- Register your account by sending this to NickServ:
register <password> <email>(example:
register dhg235h234jbb email@example.com)
- Confirm the registration e-mail
- Login by sending this to NickServ:
identify [<nickname>] <password>
You can probably configure your chat client to identify you automatically. Instructions for automatic login with matrix are here.
Other discussion platforms
- Reddit (we share photos/videos/blog posts of our development work there)
- GitLab issues (for discussing bugs and features)