Motorola Moto G4 Play (motorola-harpia)
Moto G4 Play running Weston
|Name||Moto G4 Play|
|Original software||Android 6.0.1|
|Chipset||Qualcomm MSM8916 Snapdragon 410|
|CPU||Quad-core 1.21 GHz Cortex-A53|
|Storage||8GB or 16GB|
|Memory||1GB or 2GB|
Users owning this device
- ChexM1xstar (Notes: XT1601)
- Flak79 (Notes: XT1603; running phosh pmbootstrap_build)
- Irihapeti (Notes: XT1602)
- Ityt (Notes: XT1602; Plasma-mobile unstable, Phosh stable)
- Libertus (Notes: XT1600)
- Minecrell (Notes: XT1602)
- RoastVeg (Notes: XT1604)
- Thejsa (Notes: 16GB/1GB XT1604, so very slow)
- Unrznbl (Notes: 2022-09-21 shelli-ui needs testing, modem firmware issues)
- VR25 (Notes: XT1607; date and time get messed up on reboot; need help to get modem working)
- WilliamTries (Notes: Works great! pmOS and Phosh installed now.)
How to enter flash mode
Hold down+ while booting to enter Flash Mode.
If necessary, unlock your bootloader by following the instructions on the Motorola Support page.
Install the lk2nd bootloader, as it is required to handle some quirks
with msm8916 devices on mainline kernels. Flash the
lk2nd.img image to the boot partition with
fastboot flash boot /path/to/lk2nd.img. lk2nd
also provides a fastboot interface that allows for flashing kernels without overwriting lk2nd itself. To enter it, power on the device, then hold down Vol Down as soon
as you see the boot splash. You should be presented with a menu that looks like the following:
When you have lk2nd installed and running, follow Qualcomm_Snapdragon_410/412_(MSM8916)#Installation.
Follow the directions on this wiki page to use the modem. If you have a device model other than what is listed here, please edit the list below with the results of modem functionality testing.
- XT1602: Modem working, can send and receive text messages. Can initiate and answer phone calls. Mobile data does not work.
- XT1604: Modem working, can send but not receive text messages. Can make phone calls and receive. The Modem doesn't always start on boot, you need to run mmcli -S for it to start working.
- XT1607: Modem working, can send text messages. Earpiece and Mic1 work with phone calls. Had to manually load RETUS_6.0.1 NON-HLOS firmware, will document and maybe package alternate firmware.
synaptics s3203b: works ; others: unknown