Motorola Moto G5 Plus (motorola-potter)
How to enter flash mode
- Power + Volume Down buttons
$ pmbootstrap flasher flash_rootfs $ pmbootstrap flasher boot
- The flashlight can be switched on with:
$ echo 1 > /sys/class/leds/led\:switch/brightness
and it can be switched off with:
$ echo 0 > /sys/class/leds/led\:switch/brightness
- The charging LED can be switched on similarly, simply substitute `led\:switch` with `charging`. The charging LED will only blink as of now.
- You can change the screen brightness with:
$ echo $brightness > /sys/class/leds/led\:switch/brightness
Mainlining is in the early stages, based on Junak's msm8953 kernel. Source for the kernel is available here:
- Only Boe panel is tested
- Need test device for Tianma panel
- Panel is selected at boot by lk2nd, based on the cmdline
- Using labibb regulator driver from mainline patchworks: 1239224
- Brightness control works, but doesn't use the qcom-wled backlight, needs further investigation
- GPU (DRM and FB)
- requires proprietary firmware blobs, can be extracted from Android, or can be downloaded from firmware repositories
- Sometimes crashes on resume after suspend, because of a mutex
- Preemption doesn't work (see msm8953 status)
- SSH and Telnet via USB
- Low power mode on USB doesn't work, but apparently never worked on any kernel ever on msm8953 devices.
- USB used to be slow and ssh/telnet were unresponsive, until lpm was disabled.
- Synaptics 3203B, works using mainline RMI4 driver
- Driver probes and binds, but the h/w doesn't seem to respond
- Front charging LED works (Qualcomm ATC-LED)
- Battery (qcom-fg/qpnp-fg)
- Reports voltage, capacity, temperature, current, battery data and energy
- Needs to deliver other data like and battery details
- 2 different battery suppliers, need a way to probe and select
- Only 2.4GHz works, mainline wcnss driver has a bug that prevents 5GHz networks from appearing
- Works, even audio over bluetooth, but needs pulseaudio-bluez, bluez-alsa and bluez-hcd2hci to be installed
- MMC works as expected
- SD Card works, but some (minor) issue with cd-gpios needs to be fixed for proper card detection. Otherwise works as expected.
- Doesn't actually work, seems to use a different way to talk to userspace than other currently supported qcom modems
- Useless without soundcard drivers
Anything that isn't listed above can be assumed to not work.
See also: MSM8953 mainlining status
- GSM Arena specifications page: https://www.gsmarena.com/motorola_moto_g5_plus-8453.php
- TWRP Recovery: https://twrp.me/motorola/motorolamotog5plus.html