Motorola Moto G5s (motorola-montana)
Users owning this device
- DolphinChips (Notes: Current daily driver)
- Phone gets stuck somewhere when shutting down
- X11 doesn't work (requires kernel patching)
- Firmware is not packaged (source of the most problems)
- Touchscreen doesn't work (initfs hook gets executed too early)
How to enter flash mode
Volume Down buttons or use
adb reboot bootloader
Installation on sdcard
$ pmbootstrap init # Select motorola-montana device $ pmbootstrap install --sdcard=/dev/YOURSDCARD # Replace YOURSDCARD with sdcard's blockdevice (example: mmcblk0, don't forget to plug your sdcard in your PC before entering this command!) $ pmbootstrap flasher boot # To boot kernel without flashing it
Installation on internal memory
This is untested, but kubast2 had success with Android Recovery Zip.
Boot partiiton is not found!
This is very strange error which can be fixed by booting in Android with sdcard inserted.