Nobby 230 (nobby-230)
Users owning this device
How to enter flash mode
Hold Accept and Power buttons to enter fastboot.
- It's not possible to control screen brightness/disable screen;
- The keyboard maximum brightness is very low.
Install pmOS on microSD with
pmbootstrap install --sdcard /dev/mmcblkX
where /dev/mmcblkX is path to card that can be found with lsblk.
Insert card in device, enter fastboot as written above and run
pmbootstrap flasher flash_kernel fastboot reboot
fastboot boot doesn't work as intended.
This section may be interesting for those who want to port postmarketOS on SP7715GA device. I've tried some downstream kernels and there are my findings:
- bigzz/sc7715-kernel: boots, but doesn't support sdcardFS. UbiFS partitions weren't detected despite having related options set up in kernel config. This kernel may be used if your phone doesn't use ubiFS and you plan to flash pmOS on internal storage.
- BLU kernel: supports sdcardFS, doesn't detect ubiFS partitions. Being used for this device as the best suiting kernel.
- samsung-vivalto3gvn kernel: has defconfig only for vivalto, so it needs to be adjusted to fit sp7715ga. Has updated and refactored implementation of sprdfb. Screen doesn't work, the bootloader and kernel seem to not fit each other, so kernel decides to use panel_id=0, which leads to using lcd_dummy driver. Also, the kernel is very unpredictable and booted only once for me, even though I didn't rebuild it for other attempts.
- Blade AF3 kernel: has building issues with autotst driver.
dev: size erasesize name mtd0: 00040000 00040000 "spl" mtd1: 000c0000 00040000 "2ndbl" mtd2: 00080000 00040000 "kpanic" mtd3: 1fe80000 00040000 "ubipac"
241, 0 ubi0 241, 16 ubi0_boot 241, 18 ubi0_cache 241, 15 ubi0_fbootlogo 241, 14 ubi0_logo 241, 20 ubi0_misc 241, 2 ubi0_miscdata 241, 1 ubi0_prodnv 241, 19 ubi0_recovery 241, 17 ubi0_system 241, 21 ubi0_userdata 241, 5 ubi0_wcnfixnv1 241, 6 ubi0_wcnfixnv2 241, 13 ubi0_wcnmodem 241, 9 ubi0_wcnruntimenv1 241, 10 ubi0_wcnruntimenv2 241, 12 ubi0_wdsp 241, 3 ubi0_wfixnv1 241, 4 ubi0_wfixnv2 241, 11 ubi0_wmodem 241, 7 ubi0_wruntimenv1 241, 8 ubi0_wruntimenv2 10, 40 ubi_ctrl