Nokia Lumia 630 (nokia-moneypenny)
Nokia Lumia 630 running sxmo on postmarketOS
|Original software||Windows Phone|
|Chipset||Qualcomm Snapdragon 400 (MSM8226)|
|CPU||1.2 GHz Quad-Core ARM Cortex-A7|
|GPU||Qualcomm Adreno 305|
|This device is a Windows Phone.|
See the Windows Phone page for common tips, guides and troubleshooting steps
Users owning this device
- BlackEyedSquid (Notes: Lumia 635, 512MB RAM)
- Brad1111 (Notes: Lumia 635 RM-974)
- Chmod-rwx (Notes: RM-976)
- FieryFlames (Notes: x2, a Lumia 630 UK variant and a Lumia 635 AT&T variant)
- GEROGIANNIS (Notes: currently testing, Lumia 630)
- JulianGro (Notes: dual SIM, working condition, not used for anything, stock Windows Phone 8.1)
- Km2 (Notes: RM-976)
- Kvo (Notes: Stock image at the moment)
- Retr0 (Notes: Almost dead battery, running stock FW)
- TravMurav (Notes: RM-978, dual-sim)
Current porting status
- Mainline boots and has touch, screen, and side keys working.
- Touch has issues on some Lumia 630s.
- All 4 cores are now up!
- USB is currently being tested, I can't personally confirm if USB networking is working but someone with a Lumia 735 said it is for them.
- WLAN & BT being looked at
- Charging only works if fully powered off, and if BCD battery threshold for OS loading is set below 100% (e.g. set it to 90%-ish)
Not much currently works, but if you want to try this out here's a guide:
See the general guide Unlocking the Bootloader for instructions.
Some firmwares of the lumia 635 are known to fail with WPInternals (namely TMO-US), in that case just flash the non-carrier firmware  onto these devices (as if you were "debranding" them)  and you should be able to unlock them.
After you have unlocked the bootloader of your phone, you will have to install the developer menu and bootshim onto your phone. This is made easy by the LumiaQuickStart script.
- Clone the LumiaQuickStart repo 
- Use WPInternals to reboot your phone into mass storage mode.
install.ps1as administrator. Provide the path to EFIESP (Windows might also have mounted it inside MainOS).
After the script finishes, you should see a boot menu upon restart, which means we're ready to:
emmc_appsboot.mbnto your phone's EFIESP folder
- Unmount mass storage and restart your phone by holding the volume down and power buttons for a few seconds
If all went well, you should enter lk2nd by pressing volume up on the bootmenu or holding volume up on the NOKIA bootlogo.
Since we're going to be booting linux through lk2nd, we're going to need fastboot 
fastboot devices, you should see your device's serial number listed here
If all went well, you should see a zImage in arch/arm/boot. We're going to need to transform this into a workable boot.img.
- Download mkbootimg (debian package as an example)
- Append moneypenny's dtb by doing
cat arch/arm/boot/dts/qcom-msm8226-nokia-moneypenny.dtb >> arch/arm/boot/zImage
- Locate your ramdisk (or use whichever one you want)
mkbootimg --kernel arch/arm/boot/zImage --ramdisk PATHTORAMDISK -o boot.img
If all went well, this process should've yielded you a boot.img that works with fastboot.
All that remains is for you to run
fastboot boot PATHTOBOOTIMG and stare at your lumia as it displays those four penguins, defying all of ballmer's efforts.
Installing a distro
TODO/UNTESTED (on branch v6.2-msm8226-nokia)
It is recommended that you install a distro (such as postmarketOS or Void Linux) on an SD Card and not directly on your device's eMMC.
- Format your SD card to have 1 ext4 partition.
- Extract an armv7 rootfs onto the partition. Alternatively, you can use pmbootstrap to flash the rootfs to the SD card. (
pmbootstrap install --sdcard=/dev/sdX)
- Insert your SD card into your device. Then get into lk2nd and boot linux with kernel parameters that point to your sdcard by running
fastboot boot boot.img --cmdline "root=/dev/mmcblk1p1 rootwait"
-  Close to mainline linux kernel w/ support for moneypenny and a few other msm8x26 lumias on msm8x26 branch. Use msm8x26-touchscreen branch for touchscreen, until it gets committed into msm8x26.
-  EDK2 for moneypenny 512mb variant. This does boot Linux!
-  LittleKernel for moneypenny and some other lumias. This does ` from not boot Linux!! Useful for chain loading lk2nd to dump regulators when porting a lumia to linux.
-  Boot shim used to boot EDK2.
-  About the project, has links to our social medias too.