Qualcomm Snapdragon 660 (SDM660)
|CPU||4x 2.2 GHz Kryo 260 Gold, 4x 1.84 GHz Kryo 260 Silver|
SDM660/636/630 are Qualcomm SoCs released in 2017, with practically no mainline support. According to Wikipedia, they all are pretty similar. Their advantage is price; SoC is usually used in middle-range priced devices, compared to SDM845-based devices, which are usually expensive and used in high-end hardware.
Main problem of the platform is missing a proper PMIC support (PM660/PM660L) which is required for working on almost every other component.
SDM660 (Snapdragon 660)
|Xiaomi Mi A2||xiaomi-jasmine_sprout||N|
|Xiaomi Mi Pad 4||xiaomi-clover||Y|
|Xiaomi Redmi Note 7||xiaomi-lavender||P|
SDM665 (Snapdragon 665)
SDM636 (Snapdragon 636)
|Sony Xperia 10 Plus||sony-mermaid||Y|
|Xiaomi Redmi Note 5 Pro||xiaomi-whyred|
SDM630 (Snapdragon 630)
|Motorola Moto X4||motorola-payton|
|Sony Xperia 10||sony-kirin||Y|
|Sony Xperia XA2||sony-pioneer||Y|
|Sony Xperia XA2 Plus||sony-voyager||Y|
|Sony Xperia XA2 Ultra||sony-discovery||Y|
All cores are up, PSCI is working. Marked as partial because there is no support for CPU frequency scaling.
At least SDHCI (eMMC) was tested to work. UFS is untested (xiaomi-lavender does not have it).
Should work similarly to MSM8998, but no one worked much on it yet.
The only tested for now is simple-framebuffer.
There is a chance that Adreno 508-512 are not suppored properly in mainline kernel.
Was ported from downstream kernel to mainline by opendata in 2018.
Work done so far
Who is working on it
- User:opendata worked on initial basic SoC support (pinctrl-sdm660, gcc-sdm660) (+ various branches)
- Pavel Dubrova worked on SDM630 SoC support based on kernel 5.3. It is unknown where the sources are located.
- User:Alexeymin tried to continue opendata's work. WIP Branch is in linux-postmarketos repo.
commits merged in 4.20:
- pinctrl: qcom: Add sdm660 pinctrl driver submitted by opendata
- pinctrl: sdm660: Set tile property for pingroups
- clk: qcom: Add Global Clock controller (GCC) driver for SDM660 by Taniya Das, who sent opendata's unsubmitted work after opendata had disappeared
commits merged in 5.1:
- soc: qcom: smd-rpm: Add sdm660 compatible by opendata
commits merged in 5.6:
commits to be merged into 5.8: