Samsung Galaxy A5 2015 (samsung-a5ulte)
Users owning this device
- Alexeymin (Notes: SM-A500F (not FU) replaced battery, like new now)
- Citrullin (Notes: (4x SM-A500FU available to borrow in Berlin))
- Knuxfanwin8 (Notes: (SM-A500FU))
- Minecrell (Notes: SM-A500FU, with weird replacement screen :))
- Rich Morin (Notes: compatibility and deployment testing)
- Install lk2nd (alternative bootloader that provides a standard fastboot interface)
- Follow the Installation guide
- If you don't install wifi firmware, display won't work
Everything is muted by default and must be enabled through alsaucm. Unfortunately, the tool is not very user-friendly.
$ alsaucm -i -c msm8916-samsung-a2015 set _verb HiFi set _enadev <device>
<device> is one of
SecondaryMic. (Speaker not supported yet...)
alsaucm does not track which devices are already enabled, therefore it is possible to produce combinations that won't work properly (e.g.
Earpiece). To switch between devices, the old device first needs to be re-enabled and then disabled:
$ alsaucm -i -c msm8916-samsung-a2015 set _verb HiFi set _enadev OLD set _disdev OLD set _enadev NEW
Plasma mobile currently works on A5 2015, but you have to set custom scaling factor to 2.
kscreen-doctor output.1.scale.2 should work