Samsung Galaxy Note 8.0 (Wi-Fi) (samsung-n5110)
|Name||Samsung Galaxy Note 8.0 (Wi-Fi)|
|Original software||Android 4.4.2 KitKat|
|Chipset||Samsung Exynos 4412 quad-core processor|
|CPU||Quad-core Cortex-A9 1.6 GHz|
|GPU||ARM Mali-400 MP|
|Display||1280x800 (189 PPI) TFT LCD|
- Weston including touch
- Xfce4 (recommended) including touch and pen
- WiFi using the
- Bluetooth works partially as described for the Galaxy SIII but the device is
- Audio, see Audio#WM1811 for more instructions. Both an pre-configured saved state as well as the ucm profiles are included.
What does not work
- Bluetooth pairing with bluez5 (bluez4 is working, more on that soon)
- osk-sdl, charging-sdl - neither the charging animation nor FDE work. The problem is somewhere in SDL2 that no renderer can be initialized, it seems that it cannot get the surface of the window.
- Sleep etc.
- poweroff on shutdown (
halt) command - make sure you really turn the device off or your battery will be totally depleted.
- 3D acceleration (plasma mobile is very slow)
How to enter flash mode
Hold power and volume down simultaneously.
Flashing of the kernel works with heimdall, installation on the system partition works at least with
adb sideload using TWRP (did not try heimdall). Installation on the sdcard should work, too (untested).
There is currently no mainline kernel available but it should be possible to mainline this device. Have a look at Midas on Mainline for work on mainlining very similar devices.
- #1219 Initial pull request
- GNU/Linux@N80XX XDA thread on porting GNU/Linux to the very similar Note 10.1.
- opensgn The Google Code repo of this port, includes audio configuration and some configuration regarding sleep