Samsung Galaxy Note 8.0 (samsung-kona)
|Unrelated to the Broadcom Kona|
Samsung Galaxy Note 8.0 (GSM)
|Name||Galaxy Note 8.0 (GSM)|
|Original software||Android 4.4.2 KitKat|
|Chipset||Samsung Exynos 4412 Quad|
|CPU||Quad-core Cortex-A9 1.6 GHz|
|GPU||ARM Mali-400 MP|
|Display||1280x800 (189 PPI) TFT LCD|
- Xfce4 (recommended) including touch
- WiFi using the
firmware-samsung-i9305- but: NetworkManager does not work, see https://github.com/postmarketOS/pmbootstrap/issues/1461
- Bluetooth works partially as described for the Galaxy SIII but the device is
- Audio, see Audio#WM1811 for more instructions. Both an pre-configured saved state as well as the ucm profiles are included.
What does not work
- Bluetooth pairing with bluez5 (bluez4 is working, more on that soon)
- osk-sdl - FDE most likely does not work as some kernel options are missing (can be easily fixed probably if FDE is desired).
- Sleep etc.
- poweroff on shutdown (
halt) command - make sure you really turn the device off or your battery will be totally depleted.
How to enter flash mode
Hold power and volume down simultaneously.
N5110 can be chosen as a device during the init, seeing how the hardware is identical(the difference is that n5110 is the wi-fi version, this would mean that the modem would not work)
A family of boards also known by the codename "Midas" recently got mainline kernel support in pmOS with this patch.
While the n5100 is not part of the Midas family, it is part of a very near relative, the Kona family, which uses the same Exynos4412 SoC as the Midas family. You can view a list of Kona family boards here.
- #1219 Initial pull request
- GNU/Linux@N80XX XDA thread on porting GNU/Linux to the very similar Note 10.1.
- opensgn The Google Code repo of this port, includes audio configuration and some configuration regarding sleep
- Replicant supports this device and hopes to also add other devices very similar to it