Difference between revisions of "Samsung Galaxy S III mini (samsung-golden)"
m (Battery works on 5.18.0-rc1)
|Line 72:||Line 72:|
=== Bluetooth ===
=== Bluetooth ===
Revision as of 10:28, 27 April 2022
Samsung Galaxy SIII mini
|Name||Galaxy S III mini|
|Original software||Android 4.1.1|
|Chipset||[[ST-Ericsson NovaThor U8500]]|
|CPU||1 GHz dual-core Cortex-A9|
Users owning this device
- Bastindo (Notes: I have several of these)
- Flutterbrony (Notes: Blue; u-boot working!)
- GeraltvonNVIDIA (Notes: Kernel 6.1.0 on Phosh)
- GtrxAC (Notes: dual boot pmOS and Android 4.1 custom ROM)
- Linusw (Notes: This one "just works" mostly, apart from missing features in the SoC.)
- Minecrell (Notes: GT-I8190)
- Santeri3700 (Notes: x1)
- TPJS (Notes: 2x (one is running PMOS, one is unmodified))
- Zephyr1112 (Notes: 1/8GB, dead (?, no battery))
The mainline kernel can only be booted through U-Boot, not directly with the Samsung bootloader. U-Boot is installed as intermediate bootloader on the boot partition, so it does not replace the Samsung bootloader entirely. pmbootstrap can only support one bootloader configuration at the moment, which is why U-Boot is also recommended when installing the downstream kernel.
Boot into Download Mode using the NovaThor U8500 U-Boot installation instructions to install U-Boot.+ + and follow follow the
Finally, just follow the Installation guide.
- Display including full brightness control
- GPU (Mali-400 MP using Lima)
- Bluetooth (partial - at least on my device scanning for other devices works but it keeps disconnecting when connecting to other devices; not sure why)
- IMU (Accelerometer + Gyroscope)
- Flashlight (turn on/off in Phosh drop down menu)
- Battery - charging and battery indicator works
Bluetooth does not have any Bluetooth device address (bdaddr or "MAC address") set after boot at the moment. To make Bluetooth work, you need to manually configure one:
# apk add bluez-btmgmt # btmgmt public-addr <bdaddr>
<bdaddr> is a MAC address like
The Bluetooth controller should then show up in
# apk add bluez # rc-service bluetooth start $ bluetoothctl
Downstream: The best user interface to install is XFCE4. Other ones do lag, or just don't respond. Especially KDE Plasma.
Mainline: Plasma Mobile and Phosh should work okay.
DSI Scaling Error in Phosh
If you are running phosh, and the scaling is wrong so that you cannot type in the password to unlock the initial login screen, this can be fixed by changing this file
/usr/share/phosh/phoc.ini like this:
[output:DSI-1] scale = 1