Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 10.1 (3G and Wifi) (samsung-espresso10)
Jump to navigation Jump to search
Users owning this device
- AAT596 (Notes: espressowifi, 7 inch version)
- Daniel071 (Notes: Works great except very poor performance; Probably because of no hardware acceleration)
- Eloy (Notes: 7 inch version, runs pmOS)
- Hreikin (Notes: espressowifi, 10 inch version)
- Mighty (Notes: espresso3g, 7 inch version)
- Wifi (if started up manually, there's still some problems on boot)
- FDE w/ osk-sdl
- Battery (Gnome 3 can read the battery percentage and whether it is discharging or charging, but cannot estimate time remaining)
What does not work
- RIL (hasn't been setup yet, but Replicant got it going on the android side so it should be possible.)
- 2D + 3D acceleration (so most UIs slow down to a crawl, such as plasma-mobile) but the OMAP chip is supported, so it should be simple to mainline.
- Bluetooth service crashes; Running
sudo service bluetooth startand then
sudo service bluetooth statusreturns "crashed"
- Audio does not work with both built-in speakers and headphone jack (Tested with Gnome 3)
- Graphics Acceleration
How to enter flash mode
Press Power + Volume Up to enter download/odin mode.
This has to be done in two parts:
- First create an Android recovery image of PMOS and flash it using TWRP.
- Then use the usual heimdall flasher method to install the kernel and initramfs (flash_kernel).
Doing both with one method results in errors in both situations.