Samsung Galaxy Tab Pro 12.2 (WiFi) (samsung-v1awifi)
Users owning this device
- AAT596 (Notes: LineageOS 18.1)
What does not work
- KDE Plasma (boots into black screen)
- Any DE that uses Wayland
- Touchscreen stops working after some minutes of uptime and after reboot
How to enter flash mode
Press and hold+ + . Press when prompted.
Create TWRP flashable zip:
$ pmbootstrap install --android-recovery-zip $ pmbootstrap export
adb push /tmp/postmarketOS-export/pmos-samsung-v1awifi.zip to copy zip to the device, reboot to twrp and install the zip and then reboot to system.
Some detailed observations
Booting XFCE UI:
- Booting is extremely slow. It stays in the Samsung splash screen for a minute and a half and then starts booting pmOS. However, if I connect the charger when the tablet is powered off, it displays the charging icon as usual, and then starts booting pmOS immediately.
- Sometimes the screen goes black for a split second and then it returns to normal.
- Cannot boot into weston somehow. Seems that the interface does not work here. It seems common between other devices that share the same kernel (any DE that uses Wayland).
- Create a file called /etc/X11/Xwrapper.config with the line `needs_root_rights=yes` to get X working.
- The tablet freezes when the device is powered off or rebooted (from terminal and from XFCE UI).
- After a couple of minutes (if using XFCE UI), the tablet is frozen entirely.
- SSH does not work. If the command `sudo service sshd status` is executed on terminal, system tells me that SSH is currently loaded and functioning. However, it does not seem to work from USB (172.16.42.1) nor from WiFi. Nevertheless, telnet works.
- I see slightly wrong colors on images.
Booting with MATE makes some differences:
- The UI does not freeze after a couple of minutes.
- Reboot/Shutdown works (only via UI).