Samsung Galaxy Tab S2 9.7 Wifi (samsung-gts210vewifi)
- compiling kernel
What does not work
- everything else
How to enter flash mode
- Recovery: With the device powered off, hold Home + Volume Up + Power.
- Download: With the device powered off, hold Home + Volume Down + Power.
Sometimes, to enter Recovery it is needed to first enter Download mode, then again hold Home + Volume Down + Power and while screen goes blank, switch to hold Home + Volume Up + Power.
In Android go to settings -> System -> About phone and tap the build number 7 times. Then go to settings -> system -> developer options and enable OEM unlocking
- had problems with "heimdall flash --KERNEL ..." command used by "pmbootstrap flasher flash_kernel", it did stop with "ERROR: Partition "KERNEL" does not exist in the specified PIT."
- flashing via heimdall does not seem to work - device uses lowercase partition labels which are not supported by heimdall, e.g.
pmbootstrap flasher flash_system --partition userdata gives: ERROR: Partition "userdata" does not exist in the specified PIT. if using uppercase "USERDATA" then flashing seems to work: pmbootstrap flasher flash_system --partition USERDATA but does not, as userdata partition size is 0 after that command (seen by TWRP recovery) same for "SYSTEM" and "BOOT" partitions
- so did flash via TWRP recovery zip file, but after trying to boot: no screen output, no connectivity.