This means, that there is no concrete plan, that everyone must follow for it to succeed. Instead, '''everyone is encouraged to work on what they enjoy most!'''
In consequence, pmOS does not use a regular milestone plan with versions (at least right now). Here is a list with what individuals are working on. '''Feel free to add yourself here and what you are interested in''' (optionally with priorities and estimated finish date), but you don't have to! If you do, please keep your section of this list updated
, and remove finished tasks.
'''These are all estimations''' and the community is expected to understand when something does not work out as planned here. This is a free time project after all, so be grateful, that the individuals step up and share their plans at all.
=== [https://github.com/ollieparanoid/ ollieparanoid] ===
Basically all points listed below are done together with other community members. In fact, when I do postmarketOS work today, it is most of the time ''not'' running/porting pmOS on a device, but doing something else from below.
'''Make development enjoyable for everybody:'''
* test / review / integrate pull-requests
* help whenever someone is stuck with development
* work on features, that make development easier (e.g.
[https://github .com/postmarketOS/pmbootstrap/issues/256 strict mode])
* assist with implementation ideas in GitHub issues
* improve documentation in the wiki
* improve continuous integration (e.g.
[https://github .com/postmarketOS/pmbootstrap/issues/110 #110], [https://github .com/postmarketOS/pmbootstrap/issues/64 #64])
* write about what we do in [http://postmarketos.org/blog/ blog posts]
* help with infrastructure (homepage, wiki, ...)
* work together with upstream
Get postmarketOS ready for daily usage:'''* research on how we could implement "daily driver" stuff (e.g. [ https://github. com/postmarketOS/pmbootstrap/issues/161 plasma-mobile], [https://github.com/postmarketOS/pmbootstrap/issues/598 cellular modem], [https://github. com/postmarketOS/pmbootstrap/issues/592 firmware patching])* binary package repository (not usable yet, see [ https://github.com/postmarketOS/pmbootstrap/issues/64 #64])
=== MartijnBraam ===
* project-specific (devs)* Means: current: word of mouth in Sao Paulo ; future: meetups, talks, panels, presentations* philosophy and anthropology of tool-making (gateway for layperson to the hacking community)* Means: writings and discussions with intellectuals, the urban youth, the homeless, and the elite of Sao Paulo society
# On-boarding and new dev integration
# Documentation<br />
=== Pablo Castellano ===
# Add support for new devices (actually focused on [https://
github. com/postmarketOS/pmbootstrap/wiki/motorola-titan- %28Moto-G-2014 %29 Moto G 2014]). If you want, you can send me your device by mail and I will try to add pmOS support to it. After that I will return the device back to you.
# Make pmOS debugging easier for new developers
# Improve documentation & usability of <code>pmboostrap</code>/<code>pmOS</code>
=== [https://github.com/craftyguy craftyguy] ===
# Develop [https://
github.com/postmarketOS/osk-sdl osk-sdl], an sdl/directfb on-screen keyboard for use during initramfs execution
# Make the greatest device ever, the Nokia N900, the best device to use with postmarketOS.
* telephony* audio* UI (plasma?)
# Assist with documentation & on IRC/matrix where I can.
* ☑ Optimizing the pmOS system image size by creating the partitions as small as possible and resize them during the first boot ([https://github.com/postmarketOS/pmbootstrap/pull/127 #127])
* ☑ Add possibility to export an Odin flashable file for samsung devices (<code>pmbootstrap flasher export --odin</code>)
☐ Add support for [https:// en. wikipedia.org/ wiki/ Memory_Technology_Device MTD] devices (generate yaffs2 image, adapt initramfs script)* ☐ Porting PostmarketOS to a [https://github.com/postmarketOS/pmbootstrap/ wiki/ BlackBerry-Bold-Touch-9900-%28Dakota%29 BlackBerry]
* ☐ Use LVM over system and userdata partitions ([https://github.com/postmarketOS/pmbootstrap/issues/60 #60])
* ☐ Add versioning in initramfs scripts (check initramfs and initramfs-extra versions)
* ☐ Integrate alternative flashing method using netcat ([https://github.com/postmarketOS/pmbootstrap/issues/456 #456])
* ☐ Add support for new devices
=== PureTryOut ===
=== [https://github.com/yuvadm yuvadm] ===
# Expand support for the [https://
github. com/postmarketOS/pmbootstrap/wiki/ Mozilla- Flame Mozilla Flame]
# Work on pmOS documentation and website
# Help develop the pmOS architecture
* some interest in Nokia N9, N950, LG Optimus Chic E720
* mild interest in OpenMoko gt01, Nokia N770, N800, N810