Teclast X80 Pro (teclast-x80pro)
- 3D accelleration
- EFI boot
What does not work
What has not been investigated
- GPS? (Unclear if the device has GPS or not)
Installation is unlike most Android based devices, as the Teclast X80 Pro uses EFI to boot. This process is likely to be repeatable across many similar EFI based tablets (like the Surface Pro lineup, and many other cheap x86 Windows tablets on ebay/amazon).
Much more detail to be added, but basic outline (mostly for my own memory):
- pmbootstrap install
- pmbootstrap export
- Get Arch live USB booting (flash to usb, enter windows setup, advanced options, efi settings, scroll to boot, select override to your USB key. You'll need both a keyboard and USB key.)
- Flash a partition.
- Copy kernel, initramfs over to ESP.
- Add refind_linux.conf settings
- Install rEFInd to EFI system partition
- efibootmgr to select it
Samsung S3 guide...