postmarketOS is a touch-optimized and pre-configured Alpine Linux. It can be installed on smartphones and other devices. It is in a very early, experimental state and not usable for most people yet. pmbootstrap allows installation and development of pmOS.
- The utopic vision and goals!
- Where individuals want to take the project
Devices & Installation
- Installation guide for devices which are already working.
- Quite a few Android devices, plus the Flame and N900.
- Devices we would like to see pmOS running on.
- This page contains a list of all Wiki pages.
- How postmarketOS starts up.
- Frequently asked questions
- Guide for Screen Calibration.
- Some phones have a serial port accessible from the outside
- Our work-in-progress device-specific file format.
- This list is a collection of presentations, talks and other resources
- List of technical term related to this project
- Porting to a new device and general installation guide.
- Start hacking on postmarketOS without having the kernel source code.
- The page to read when something isn't working.
- Early work on getting device kernels into mainline Linux.
- Getting started with hacking on the code.
- Using pmbootstrap build --src to create patches for packages .
- A deeper insight into the Firmware
- Everything below the kernel, bootloaders, modem firmware etc..
- Contribute the patches and improvements back to the original project.
- Different Flash methods for different devices.
- Creating a package and how to recycle package recipes from other distributions.
- To build a package with pmbootstrap.
- The phone interfaces we are working on.
- Official repository of postmarketOS.
- All about the package build recipe format (that is not unlike PKGBUILDs from Arch Linux).
- Search for packages and package contents.
- Live chat makes development easier.
- Besides bugs, lots feature ideas and questions
- Photos of devices running pmOS, blog posts, questions, official announcements
- List of postmarketOS Wiki specific templates.
- MediaWiki specific markup reference
- List of files uploaded to the Wiki.