Wiko Lenny 2 (wiko-lenny2)
- has a working framebuffer, so it's possible to display stuff. No DRM as with a lot of older kernels, that means no phosh or sway, I guess.
- BADLY BROKEN,
mpvseem to make the kernel crash. The phone reboots afterwards
- maybe something non-alsa could work better?
- the network interface don't appear in
- battery reading
acpitell the battery is fully empty.
upower --dumpgenerates a segfault:
(upower:1682): UPower-WARNING **: 11:58:54.107: Cannot connect to upowerd: Error calling StartServiceByName for org.freedesktop.UPower: Process org.freedesktop.UPower received signal 11
- desktop environment
- Mate seems to be the one who works best. Mostly because I doesn't die from the segfaults. It is missing the bottom banel though.
- Weston works, but for some reason, it sometimes fails to start:
sudo rc-service lightdm restart.
- Plasma Mobile only shows a mouse cursor on a black background, with loads of segfaults.
- Sway and Phosh require DRM support, so that's a no-go.
- XFCE4 fails to start, for some reason.
- i3 could be a possible alternative. Untested since the lack of external keyboard would make it useless.
- chocolate doom works on software rendering
Users owning this device
How to enter flash mode
First, boot phone into recovery mode. To do that, power on while pressing both the up button and the power button. When the logo appears, release the power button.
Once in the recovery mode, navigate to "reboot to bootloader" using the volume keys.
In my case, I had to validate pressing the power button twice, then the power up button.
The kernel and the initramfs can be flashed using
pmbootstrap flasher flash_kernel. Flashing the rootfs require a workaround. I recommand flashing the rootfs to the
userdata partition, as it is larger than
downstream kernel sources, for reference
- pmaports!773, the merge request