Wileyfox Swift (wileyfox-crackling)
Fairly popular device based on reference Qualcomm design. Initialy shipped with CyanogenOS. There is also another device called GeneralMobile 4g (Android One device) that is very similar with this one.
Users owning this device
How to enter flash mode
- Recovery: Power on the device with both
- Stock fastboot: Power on the device with both
Volume Upbuttons. You only need this to install lk2nd.
- lk2nd Fastboot: Power on the device. After it vibrates/the display shows up, hold
- Install lk2nd (alternative bootloader that handles certain mainline quirks like setting up the WiFi/BT MAC addresses)
- Just follow the Installation guide.
Mainline kernel doesn't have proper charger driver yet. This means that only way to charge the device is to boot downstream kernel. Easiest way to do so is to boot to recovery (At least TWRP known to charge the device properly) To give you at least some information kernel that this device uses at the moment have simple driver that shows estimated capacity. (with error of roughly 10%)
Everything is muted by default and must be enabled through alsaucm. Unfortunately, the tool is not very user-friendly.
$ alsaucm -i -c msm8916 set _verb HiFi set _enadev <device>
<device> is one of
alsaucm does not track which devices are already enabled, therefore it is possible to produce combinations that won't work properly (e.g.
Earpiece). To switch between devices, the old device first needs to be re-enabled and then disabled:
$ alsaucm -i -c msm8916 set _verb HiFi set _enadev OLD set _disdev OLD set _enadev NEW
- Mainline kernel doesn't have charger drivers
- pmaports!485 Initial merge request