Sony Xperia J (sony-jlo)
[[|200px|alt=Sony Xperia J]]|
Sony Xperia J
|Original software||Android 4.0.1 ICS|
|Chipset||Qualcomm MSM7227A Snapdragon S1|
|CPU||1x ARM Cortex A5 @ 1GHz|
|GPU||Adreno 200 @ 307 MHz|
|Storage||4GB (expandable with up to 32GB MicroSD)|
What does not work
- Figure out the bootimg format and make the phone boot.
- Get everything else working.
How to enter flash mode
When the device is powered off, press Volume Up while plugging in a microUSB cable to enter fastboot. Nothing will be displayed on the screen when this occurs.
Can be flashed normally, but it will not boot atm, see below.
- The Sony Xperia J along with some other 2012/13 Xperia phones (such as its previously attempted sister device Xperia E use a notoriously difficult (to use and generate properly) ELF format for boot images, which we can't generate bootable versions of right now.
- Rudimentary support for these formats have been added and requested for inclusion into upstream.
- One thing of note is that the FreeXperia project (now defunct) got a working CM/LOS10 build on this phone (used at the time of testing) and has quite an interesting init script to allow for using LEDs and recovery - the ROM can be downloaded from here if you want to research further (sorry for restrictive host.)