Asus Transformer Pad Infinity TF700T (asus-tf700t)
Jump to navigation Jump to search
- Clamor (Transformers Mainline fork, documentation)
- jja2000 (Testing, documentation)
- ollieparanoid (help in IRC, documentation)
- Unlock tool, original Asus source is offline.
Compiling a kernel
- Katkernel is based off the kernel with the same name for the TF300t. An overlap in components makes these kernels mostly compatible hence the rom it belongs to (KatKiss) has been ported to the TF700t aswell. The reason why the kernel is included in this list is because it's currently the most active kernel for the TF700t.
- Source: https://github.com/timduru/tf300t-katkernel/tree/dev-tf700t/
- Version: 3.1.10
- Status: Compiles, is too big to fit on /boot
- Grate is a upstream based tree for tegra devices with the goal of actually upstreaming any changes done. Common transformer device tree is merged into mainline, TF201 and TF300T have strong support and good status (grouper level).
- Baseline kernel sources: https://github.com/grate-driver/linux
- Version: 5.10.0
- Status: Boots, need tree refit.
Hardware status (mainline)
|Y||Booting||When kernel is larger than approx 8MB, initfs must be packed directly inside kernel (not into boot.img as usual), otherwise kernel won't boot. With downstream kernel it works.|
|N||Panel||Panasonic VVX10F004B00 or HYDIS HV101WU1-1E1 LCD SuperIPS+ Full HD panel through LVDS controller.|
|Y||HDMI output||HDMI works, but output is limited by 1080p due to Tegra 3 limitations.|
|Y||Touchscreen||Used Elantech ELAN-3024-7053 or 5184N FPC-1 REV: 2/3 touchscreen.|
|Y||USB||One full size USB 2.0 in dock or via 40pin adapter.|
|Y||SD cards||MicroSD card and full sized SD card (recognized as USB drive) in dock.|
|Y||Internal memory||eMMC by Hynix.|
|N||GPS||Broadcom GPS BCM4751 is used.|
|N||WiFi||Uses Azurewave AW-NH665 BCM4330|
|Y||Bluetooth||Uses Azurewave AW-NH665 BCM4330B1.|
|Y||GPIO keys||There is 3 keys on GPIO: Power, Volume up, Volume down.
Additionally GPIO-keys like are LID sensor, Power adapter 15V and Audio dock line-out detect.
|N||Vibro||Transformer Infinity has GPIO based vibrator.|
|Y||Dock Keyboard||Keyboard and Trackpad do not work. It is handled via Nuvoton NPCE795LA0BX embedded controller and driver is mainlined.|
|Y||Battery/Charger||Driver is based on Texas Instruments bq24725 SMBus Charge Controller driver but works through pad/dock EC. Charging and charge level of both batteries are not shown.|
|Y||PMIC||Transformers use Texas Instruments TPS659110 PMIC and TPS62361 core regulator.|
|N||Sound||Sound codec is RT5631 and needs additional setup.|
|N||Voice processor||Transformers use separate Fortemedia FM34NE voice processor, which needs additional maintenance in kernel.|
|N||Thermal sensor||NCT1008 ON Semiconductor LM90 series thermometer.|
|P||Orientation sensors||Include Invensense mpu3050 gyroscope with Kionix KXTF9 accelerometer and Aichi AMI306 3-axis digital compass.|
|Y||Light sensor||Driver Dyna-Image AL3010. Brightness regulation works, install iio-sensor-proxy . It's slightly oversensitive.|
|N||Front camera||Aptina mi1040 camera sensor.|
|N||Rear camera||Fujitsu fjm6mo image processor.|
|P||ULP GeForce||GPU Acceleration partially works.|