Casio G'zOne (casio-ca201l)
|Original software||Android 4.0|
|Chipset||Qualcomm MSM8960 Snapdragon S4 Plus|
|CPU||2x Qualcomm Krait 1.5 GHz|
Users owning this device
How to enter flash mode
- Hold + + : Recovery
adb reboot-bootloaderon CWM recovery boots the device into fastboot
- For C811: flash CA-201L's aboot to get this combination working
There are three devices released under the similar name, which can boot the same kernel. To make naming even worse, the firmware of Korean and US variant shares no common codename among them, while crossflashing of devices is possible. Both Korean and US variants were available outside of the respective market, while Japanese variant was not seen often on the Internet.
|🇰🇷 KR||🇺🇸 US||🇯🇵 JP|
|Marketing Name (Model)||G'zOne (CA-201L)||G'zOne Commando 4G LTE (C811)||G'zOne TYPE-L (CAL21)|
|Possible Codename||DVE072, DVE073, GG3L||DVE068, GG3|
|Final Firmware||Android 4.0||Android 4.1||Android 4.0|
|Buttons||4 (Back, Home, App Switch, Menu)||3 (Back, Home, Menu)|
While Casio's website was active, they offered kernel sources as patches against the Code Aurora source tree, instead of full source tree for the device. Sources were available for Korean and US variant, not for Japanese variant. Downstream kernel boots only when built with Android GCC 4.4.3.
- NFC: ST ST21NFCA, mainline driver available.
- Audio: "Sound processor" Audience eS310, Amplifier Yamaha YDA160. No mainline driver available.
- Touch: Atmel mXT224E, vendor driver provides two different touch configuration (normal and glove mode).
- Display: Driven by LG4573B, mainline driver only available for SPI, vendor driver for DSI.
- Backlight: TI LM3530, mainline driver available on apq8064-next.
- Sensors: Connected to DSPS, remoteproc not available yet.
Because of lower version of downstream kernel, it does not boot when compiled with gcc newer than 4.4. Instead of fixing downstream 3.0.8 kernel or using downstream 3.4.0 kernel, we go directly to the mainline kernel. Currently the phone can boot 5.19.0-rc7 from apq8064-next branch, other parts of the device needs to be further investigated. The kernel can boot with both device native fastboot and lk2nd experimental-tmp branch.
- Downstream kernel source (3.0.8 for Android 4.0, both CA-201L and C811)