CoreApps running on LG Nexus 5x (bullhead)
A set of apps with constant looks across all the apps and can run in lower system without hardware acceleration and optimized for touchscreen.
Apps work smoothly on most devices with a working display, both with and without hardware acceleration.
There are some core features that make applications great to use on mobile devices. Some are listed here.
- All the apps are light with lesser dependencies, use less RAM.
- All the apps are touch-friendly and suitable for phablets and tablets and we are working towards that.
- Apps use the precious vertical screen real estate properly. So, apps work great in small screens.
There are 19 CoreApps and they all listed here with their descriptions.
- CoreAction - A side bar for showing widgets
- CorePins - A bookmarking app.
- CoreArchiver - Archiver to create and extract archives.
- CoreFm - A lightweight file-manager
- CoreGarage - A settings manager.
- CoreHunt - A file finder utility.
- CoreImage - An image viewer.
- CorePad - A document editor.
- CorePaint - A paint app.
- CorePDF - A PDF viewer.
- CorePlayer - A player based on QtAV library. (Not ported because QtAV is not in repo)
- CoreRenamer - A batch file re-namer.
- CoreStats - A system resource viewer.
- CoreStuff - An activity viewer.
- CoreUniverse - Shows information about apps from the CoreApps family.
- CoreTime - A time related task manager.
- CoreTerminal - A terminal emulator. (Not ported because qtermwidget is not in repo)
- CoreShot - A screen capture utility.
- CoreInfo - A file information tool.
Two apps are in development.
- CoreBox - A touch-optimized panel
- CoreKeyboard - A virtual keyboard.
All the apps except 4 are in the pmOS repo. So just install them by
$ sudo apk add corefm
- This apps can be used with any Desktop Environment. But recommended with i3wm, matchbox, xfce.
- More usable in horizontal screen rotation.
- Make package with i3wm + CoreApps as a interface.
- Follow the Display guide to fix apps icons and text are small.
- Some icons are showing discolor. Because of SVG is no rendering correctly.