Google Pixel 3(google-blueline)
Users owning this device
- Hreikin (Notes: 128 GB, 4 GB RAM)
How to enter flash mode
The Pixel 3, like all Google Pixel/Nexus devices, uses Fastboot as the flashing protocol.
To enter Fastboot mode, hold Volume Down while powering on the device. Let go of Volume Down when "Fastboot mode" displays on the screen.
Alternatively, if connected to a pc then you can also use
adb reboot bootloader.
The steps below should allow you to flash postmarketOS to a Pixel 3 and boot to a point that telnet can be accessed.
pbootstrap initto generate the google-blueline device port
- Delete the linux-google-blueline folder
- Edit the APKBUILD in the device-google-blueline folder to remove the
mesa-dri-galliumdependency and insert the
- Set envkernel up, clone the sdm845 mainline kernel and create a new branch for your changes
- Copy the DTS file available in the Linaro kernel to the sdm845 mainline kernel and edit the Makefile to include it
make defconfig sdm845.configand
make -j`nproc`to build the kernel. Some nodes need commenting out for make to complete successfully, the files are provided below
pmbootstrap build --envkernel linux-postmarketos-qcom-sdm845to package it
- Check the offsets in deviceinfo (they are the same as the op6) and add the dtb stuff for the device
abootimg -i boot.imgon the boot.img from android 9 and check the offsets
pmbootstrap checksum device-google-bluelineand
pmbootstrap build device-google-bluelineand then
abootimg -i boot.imgon the boot.img generated by the install, the offsets should be the same
pmbootstrap initfs hook_add debug-shellto add the debug shell for telnet
- Finally, flash the rootfs and kernel with
pmbootstrap flasher flash_rootfsand
pmbootstrap flasher flash_kernel
The phone boots and you should get the white screen with Google logo, sometimes it has a graphical glitch and others it doesn't. The SSH isn't working, it should have an IP and you can ping it but you can't connect by SSH. You can however connect to a shell with the telnet command.
$ telnet 172.16.42.1
Here are some links to the files used, scroll down for multiple files:
Work is ongoing, flashing works and telnet can be accessed during boot.
- pmaports#1229 Pixel 3 (google-blueline) porting: progress and questions
dmesgoutput after boot
ls -la /dev/block/bootdevice/by-name/output from TWRP