HP Touchpad (hp-tenderloin)
None of this work has been (merged/pushed/get correct terminology) upstream. Contact CmdrWgls on IRC if you're interested in working on it before he gets around to actually doing so.
- (everyone on IRC)
What doesn't work
- boot.img extracted from Evervolv nightly Android ROM
- determined that boot.img is vmlinuz and not an Android boot image
- successfully compiled novacom (and its dependencies)
- package novacom for Alpine
- build device-hp-tenderloin
- find a kernel and compile it
- package kernel and boot image following these instructions
It looks like the actual boot process on the touchpad is just uBoot. We only need to package novacom for alpine to push images to the boot partition of the device.
Novacom sources can be found here. The specific repo and dependencies are as follows:
We can probably use the novacom pkgbuild from the AUR in alpine: https://aur.archlinux.org/packages/palm-novacom-git/
We might also need novacomd, not sure yet.