Microsoft Lumia 640 (microsoft-dempsey)
Jump to navigation Jump to search
Dempsey running sxmo on postmarketOS
|Original software||Windows Phone|
|Chipset||Qualcomm Snapdragon 400 (MSM8926)|
|CPU||Quad-core 1.2 GHz Cortex-A7|
|Display||720 x 1280 IPS LCD|
|This device is a Windows Phone.|
See the Windows Phone page for common tips, guides and troubleshooting steps
Users owning this device
- Chaosleo07 (Notes: running mainline)
- FieryFlames (Notes: Single SIM, UK variant)
- Maxnet (Notes: rm-1077)
- Nobodywasishere (Notes: Actually the AT&T LTE model but close enough)
- PEPSIMANTR (Notes: Single SIM LTE variant(RM-1074))
- Ralf1307 (Notes: trying to port edk2 for efiframebuffer via mainline; broke the serial :()
- Rom4nik (Notes: RM-1077)
Current porting status
- Mainline boots and has touch, screen, and side keys working.
- All 4 cores are now up!
- NFC available!
- USB is currently being tested, I can't personally confirm if USB networking is working but someone with a Lumia 735 said it is for them.
- Proximity is working on tesla, just needs testing on dempsey
- WLAN & BT being looked at
Guides (Should work in theory for the other Lumia's specified in the EDK2 port as well.)
Here's a nice guide written by WolfLink115 which explains how to compile/install EDK2 and boot Linux:
-  Compiling EDK2
-  Installing EDK2
-  Booting Linux from eMMC
-  If you manage to brick the Lumia 640 (the RM-1073 version, not tested on others!!) into Qualcomm EDL mode, then this guide can help you unbrick it.
-  Close to mainline linux kernel w/ support for dempsey and a few other msm8x26 lumias on msm8x26 branch. Use msm8x26-touchscreen branch for touchscreen, until it gets committed into msm8x26.
-  EDK2 for dempsey, tesla, makepeace and superman. This does boot Linux!
-  LittleKernel for tesla and some other lumias. This does not boot Linux!! Useful for chain loading lk2nd to dump regulators when porting a lumia to linux.
-  Boot shim used to boot EDK2.