Samsung Galaxy A6 2018 with Xfce4
|Galaxy A6 (2018)
|Samsung Exynos 7870 Octa
|Octa-core 1.6 GHz Cortex-A53
|32/64 GB, microSD
|This is the exynos device.
Users owning this device
How to enter flash mode
- Recovery: Power on the device by holding and .
- Download: Hold and while plugging the device to a computer with an USB cable.
- Hard reboot: Press and hold and for 7 seconds.
Unlocking the bootloader
- Enable developer mode by tapping on the build number seven times in Settings → About phone → Software information
- Return to the main settings page and go to the developer options
- In developer options, enable OEM unlocking. Make sure you have an internet connection if it doesn't show up.
- Unlock the bootloader if not done.
a6lteand Xfce4 UI with
- Generate the rootfs with
pmbootstrap installto install postmarketOS to the phone or
pmbootstrap install --sdcard /dev/sdXto install it on an SD card.
- Generate the flashable images with
pmbootstrap export. They will be stored in
/tmp/postmarketOS-export, or you can specify another location like this:
pmbootstrap export /home/user/Downloads/pmos
- Reboot into download mode
- Flash postmarketOS with
heimdall flash --BOOT /tmp/postmarketOS-export/boot.img --SYSTEM /tmp/postmarketOS-export/samsung-a6lte.img(replace the paths if necessary). If you installed to an SD card, specify only the BOOT argument. Also you may choose the bigger USERDATA partition for the system image.
- The phone should reboot straight into postmarketOS.
Note: installation with
pmbootstrap flasher flash_kernel and
pmbootstrap flasher flash_rootfs will probably work, but this is untested.
If installation with heimdall/
pmbootstrap flasher fails you could use the recovery-zip method, see Installation_from_recovery_mode.
Note: if you desire to use the bigger partition, use
pmbootstrap install --android-recovery-zip --recovery-install-partition=USERDATA
- Pinctrl works, clock controller missing drivers
- Display, touchscreen, eMMC and external sdcard full work
- Wi-Fi sometimes works, but it seems that brcmfmac is not fully compatible with it
- Fuelgauge works (thanks @Tooniis), but is not enabled in the current .config
- Putting calls on hold and having several calls active simultaneously is not supported
- Mobile data currently connects on IPv4 only
- Wi-Fi does not connect out of the box. To connect to a network, after adding the network normally, open nm-connection-editor, edit the connection you're trying to activate, and set the "Cloned MAC address" setting to "Do not change".