(Redirected from Samsung Galaxy Ace (samsung-cooper))
|WARNING: This device is not recommended for future use with postmarketOS due to its armhf architecture. Alpine Linux (the distribution that postmarketOS extends) has been considering dropping it.
In some cases, the processor of the device may support the armv7 architecture. If so, you can modify the device package and change the architecture accordingly.
Splash screen of pmOS
|Chipset||Qualcomm Snapdragon S1 (MSM7227)|
|CPU||800 MHz ARM 11|
Users owning this device
- kernel booting! (maximum-attention hook)
- splash screen
What doesn't work
- usb networking, debug-shell/initramfs hook usb connection
- Everything else (untested)
- Flashing (maybe works for people not using VirtualBox for pmbootstrap?)
- Download/ODIN: Hold PWR + HOME + VOL DOWN during boot, then press VOL UP when asked.
- Recovery: Hold PWR+HOME during boot.
- RAMDUMP: Hold PWR+HOME+VOLUP during boot.
WORK IN PROGRESS, ATTEMPT AT OWN RISK
There are likely better ways to do this, but this is all I could get working.
- Install rootfs to an sd card using `pmbootstrap install --sdcard=/dev/mmcblk0`
- On a Windows PC, Download Odin Multi Downloader v4.38
- Run pmbootstrap export --odin
- Grab boot.img-samsung-s5830 from /tmp/postmarketOS-export. Rename it to boot.img, then use 7zip to compress it into a .tar archive
- In Odin, load Cooper_v1.0.ops and select your boot.tar as the BOOT image. Then press start.
- This device covers the S5830, S5830D, S5830B, S5830L and S5830T, which are revisions of the same device. The S5830i is a different device and has its own port. S5830C and S5830M are unknown.