Samsung Galaxy Ace (samsung-s5830)
Users owning this device
- kernel booting! (maximum-attention hook)
- splash screen
What doesn't work
- usb networking, debug-shell/initramfs hook usb connection
- Everything else (untested)
- Flashing (maybe works for people not using VirtualBox for pmbootstrap?)
- Download/ODIN: Hold PWR + HOME + VOL DOWN during boot, then press VOL UP when asked.
- Recovery: Hold PWR+HOME during boot.
- RAMDUMP: Hold PWR+HOME+VOLUP during boot.
WORK IN PROGRESS, ATTEMPT AT OWN RISK
There are likely better ways to do this, but this is all I could get working.
- Install rootfs to an sd card using `pmbootstrap install --sdcard=/dev/mmcblk0`
- On a Windows PC, Download Odin Multi Downloader v4.38
- Run pmbootstrap export --odin
- Grab boot.img-samsung-s5830 from /tmp/postmarketOS-export. Rename it to boot.img, then use 7zip to compress it into a .tar archive
- In Odin, load Cooper_v1.0.ops and select your boot.tar as the BOOT image. Then press start.
- This device covers the S5830, S5830D, S5830B, S5830L and S5830T, which are revisions of the same device. The S5830i is a different device and has its own port. S5830C and S5830M are unknown.