Samsung Galaxy Core Prime LTE (samsung-coreprimelte)
|Name||Galaxy Core Prime LTE|
|Chipset||Qualcomm Snapdragon 410 (MSM8916)|
|CPU||Quad-core 1.2 GHz Cortex-A53|
|Unixbench Whet/Dhry score||909.3|
|Note: This page is about Qualcomm MSM8916 variants of Core Prime LTE. For other variants, see Samsung Galaxy Core Prime.|
Users owning this device
|Note: Even though MSM8916 is capable of aarch64, the firmware of some variants were never updated with aarch64 support. Therefore, this device can only boot mainline on aarch64 at the moment.|
lk2nd is a secondary bootloader that provides a standard fastboot interface, which can be used to boot postmarketOS without android
boot flashed or
pmbootstrap flasher flash_kernel.
- Download lk2nd-msm8916.img from Releases page on Github.
- Boot your phone to bootloader (Odin/Download) mode by holding and while powering up.
- Follow lk2nd instructions to install lk2nd. Basically flash it to boot partition (
heimdall flash --BOOT lk2nd-msm8916.img)
- Follow Qualcomm_Snapdragon_410/412_(MSM8916)#Installation to install postmarketOS.
|Note: Enter lk2nd fastboot mode by pressing only+ (without ). Pressing additionally will bring you to the Samsung Download mode.|
|This device is based on the Snapdragon 410.|
See the SoC page for common tips, guides and troubleshooting steps
rt5033-charger driver is not available, so the charging is not controlled and there is no charging status reporting.
There is also a forgotten patch, Jakko is looking into this.
rt5033-charger driver issue. It's currently unable to power up a usb device in mainline. Try a hub with external power supply.
Currently WIP. It can be controlled with SG Micro SGM3140 charge pump LED driver.
No idea how to test yet.
No interrupts received from
lis2hh12 accelerometer is not so stable for auto screen rotation, which suggests you to use fixed portrait or landscape mode.
Touchkey type is unknown, so there is nothing done for it.
- Download TWRP
- Enable USB debugging in the system preferences
- Press + + to go into download mode
heimdall flash --RECOVERY twrp-file.img --no-reboot
- Samsung Galaxy Grand Prime (samsung-gprime)
- Samsung Galaxy Ace 4 (samsung-heatqlte)
- Device package
- Firmware package