Samsung Galaxy E7
|Chipset||Qualcomm Snapdragon 410 (MSM8916)|
|CPU||4x 1.2 GHz Cortex-A53|
|Display||720 x 1280|
|Unixbench Whet/Dhry score||907.6|
|Note: Even though MSM8916 is capable of aarch64, the firmware of some variants were never updated with aarch64 support. Therefore, this device can only boot mainline on armv7 at the moment.|
|This device is based on the Snapdragon 410.|
See the SoC page for common tips, guides and troubleshooting steps
Users owning this device
lk2nd is a secondary bootloader that provides a standard fastboot interface, which can be used to boot postmarketOS without Android
boot flashed or
pmbootstrap flasher flash_kernel.
- Download lk2nd-msm8916.img from Releases page on Github.
- Boot your phone to bootloader (Odin/Download) mode by holding and while powering up.
- Follow lk2nd instructions to install lk2nd. Basically flash it to the boot partition (
heimdall flash --BOOT lk2nd-msm8916.img
- Follow Qualcomm_Snapdragon_410/412_(MSM8916)#Installation to install postmarketOS.
|Note: Enter lk2nd fastboot mode by pressing only+ (without ). Pressing additionally will bring you to the Samsung Download mode.|
|WARNING: The speakers are rather loud on 100% volume and may produce distorted sound that may damage your speakers after long use. Please make sure to use reasonable volumes - your ears and your speaker will thank you!|
Screen works partially. While displaying the UI works fine, adjusting the brightness doesn't work.
Currently WIP. It can be controlled with SG Micro SGM3140 charge pump LED driver.
lis2hh12 accelerometer is not so stable for auto screen rotation, which suggests you to use fixed portrait or landscape mode.
No idea how to test yet.
The driver for
cm36672p proximity sensor is not available.
- Samsung Galaxy E5 (samsung-e5)
- Samsung Galaxy Grand Max (samsung-grandmax)
- Device package
- Firmware package