Samsung Galaxy J5 2015 (samsung-j5)
Samsung Galaxy J5 2015 SM-J500H (j53g) white version (running sxmo)
|Name||Galaxy J5 (2015)|
|Original software||Android 5.1 - 6.0.1|
|Chipset||Qualcomm Snapdragon 410 (MSM8916)|
|CPU||Quad-core 1.2 GHz Cortex-A53|
|Unixbench Whet/Dhry score||914.0|
|USB OTG / USB-C Role switching||
|Note: This page is about 2015 version of Samsung Galaxy J5.|
Users owning this device
lk2nd is a secondary bootloader that provides a standard fastboot interface, which can be used to boot postmarketOS without android
boot flashed or
pmbootstrap flasher flash_kernel.
- Download lk2nd-msm8916.img from Releases page on Github.
- Boot your phone to bootloader (Odin/Download) mode by holding Volume Down and Home while powering up.
- Follow lk2nd instructions to install lk2nd. Basically flash it to boot partition (
heimdall flash --BOOT lk2nd-msm8916.img)
- Follow Qualcomm_Snapdragon_410/412_(MSM8916)#Installation to install postmarketOS.
|Note: Enter lk2nd fastboot mode by pressing only Volume Down + Power (without Home). Pressing Home additionally will bring you to the Samsung Download mode.|
|This device is based on the Snapdragon 410.|
See the SoC page for common tips, guides and troubleshooting steps
Screen works partially. While displaying the UI works fine, adjusting the brightness doesn't work.
sm5703 charger driver is WIP, so the charging is not controlled and there is no charging status reporting.
sm5703 charger driver issue. It's currently unable to power up a usb device in mainline. Try a hub with external power supply.
lis2hh12 accelerometer is not so stable for auto screen rotation, which suggests you to use fixed portrait or landscape mode.
No idea how to test yet.
The interrupts/input events are not handled properly and it needs a patched driver. See Tm2-touchkey.
The PN547 NFC chip uses a pad supply voltage (pvdd), which needs a patched driver.
The touchscreen is broken without SM5703 MFD driver .
It's not possible to unlock with touchscreen at the meantime, but unlocking with a keyboard connected via USB OTG is possible.
No interrupts received from
- Samsung Galaxy J5 2016 (samsung-j5x)
- Samsung Galaxy J3 2016 (samsung-j3)
- pmaports!1196 Initial merge request
- secondary bootloader based on qcom's/codeaurora's ugly lk fork. Provides fastboot
- ↑ [PATCH v5 0/5 Add support for Silicon Mitus SM5703 MFD]