Samsung Galaxy On7 (2015) (samsung-on7)
Samsung Galaxy On7 (2015)
Samsung Galaxy Wide (G600S)
|Name||Galaxy On7 (2015)|
|Original software||Android 5.1.1 or 6.0.1 with Linux Kernel version 3.10.49|
|Chipset||Qualcomm Snapdragon 410 (MSM8916)|
|CPU||Quad-core 1.2 GHz Cortex-A53|
|GPU||Qualcomm Adreno 306|
|This device is based on the Snapdragon 410.|
See the SoC page for common tips, guides and troubleshooting steps
- Minecrell (and others from the msm8916-mainline team)
- The MSM8916-Mainline team
Users owning this device
Versions and naming schemes
The On7 has a couple of versions that got released:
- SM-G6000: China Open Release (seems to be o7lte-chn in downstream sources)
- SM-G600F: Turkey Release (might be o7lte-swa in downstream sources, needs more research)
- SM-G600FY: Bangladesh/Brazil/Cambodia/India/Indonesia/Morocco/Nepal/Philippines/Sri Lanka/Thailand/UAE/Vietnam Release (seems to be o7lte-swa (Southwest-Asia?) in downstream sources), shares name with On7 Pro, which may be slightly different. Needs more research.
- SM-G600S: Korean Release, Also known as Samsung Galaxy Wide (seems to be on7lte-kor/on7n in downstream sources)
How compatible these devices are with eachother is unclear. If anyone has one of these devices and wants to test out mainline, lmk on Matrix/IRC by mentioning jja2000
How to enter flash mode
Download mode: When turned off hold Power + Volume Up + Home
lk2nd Fastboot: Boot up the device after installation
lk2nd is a secondary bootloader that provides a standard fastboot interface, which can be used to boot postmarketOS without android
boot flashed or
pmbootstrap flasher flash_kernel.
- Download lk2nd-msm8916.img from Releases page on Github.
- Boot your phone to bootloader (Odin/Download) mode by holding and while powering up.
- Follow lk2nd instructions to install lk2nd. Basically flash it to boot partition (
heimdall flash --BOOT lk2nd-msm8916.img)
- Follow Qualcomm_Snapdragon_410/412_(MSM8916)#Installation to install postmarketOS.
|Note: Enter lk2nd fastboot mode by pressing only+ (without ). Pressing additionally will bring you to the Samsung Download mode.|
Mainline Kernel Status
|Component||Model||Mainline kernel driver||Status||Useful info|
|RGB LED||-||GPIO||Not yet added||
|SD Card slot||sdhc_2||Yes||Working||
|Accelerometer||STMicroelectronics K2HH||Yes||Not yet added||Orientation matters, may not work without mount-matrix
|Display||Samsung S6D7AA0X62_BV050HDM or Illitek ILI9881C_SKI550002||Yes, created using lmdpdg||Working||Brightness commands result in noise, same as other MSM8916 without backlight ic (drivers)
|Backlight IC||Texas Instruments LM3632||Incomplete||Worked around||Backlight driver is incomplete and broken. Unless fixed dcs will be used over this.
|Touch Screen||Zinitix ZT7548||None (yet)||Needs testing on Mis012's driver||
|USB Switch (MUIC)||Siliconmitus SM5703||Yes (SM5502 driver)||Added to DT in kernel fork||USB device mode and charger detection works. OTG does not.
|Vibrator||Siliconmitus SM5703 Vibrator||None||Could be hooked up to the other SM5703 related drivers, not sure|
|Ambient Light Sensor||Capella Micro CM36672p||None, but this mailinglist submission could be reused||Not yet added||
|Proximity Sensor||Sensortek STK3013||None||No driver made||Datasheet
|Hall Sensor||Hall IC||Yes||Not yet added||
|Front camera||Samsung S5K5E3||No camera driver, could use CAMSS in the future||No driver made|
|Main camera||Samsung S5K3L2||No camera driver, could use CAMSS in the future||No driver made|
Will be filled in and ameliorated later when I get the device