Samsung Galaxy S4 Mini dual sim (samsung-serranodsdd)
- rogier.oudshoorn (only kernel configuration; rest is taken from the LTE version of this device )
Current main issues
- Device doesn't automatically give itself mac address, ip, etc - you need to configure the network manually (have to set mac address of usb0 inside initfs hook)
- Device reboots immediately after flasher usage - not a postmarketOS issue, it is samsung's fault, affects all samsungs' phones
(would have to edit postmarketOS's flasher to use heimdall no reboot and heimdall resume features)
- Charging seems to work, but there's no indication of it actually happening
- Using libhybris for at least 3d acceleration, sound and wifi.
- Wifi works using wpa_supplicant described here: #373
- hwcomposer_test_caf works as described in Hybris documentation
- plasma doesn't come up due to lack of qtwayland (??) as hinted https://blog.martin-graesslin.com/blog/2016/07/why-does-kwin_wayland-not-start/
samsung-serranodsdd:~$ exec /usr/bin/plasmashell -p org.kde.plasma.phone
Failed to create wl_display (No such file or directory)
qt.qpa.plugin: Could not load the Qt platform plugin "wayland" in "" even though it was found.
This application failed to start because no Qt platform plugin could be initialized. Reinstalling the application may fix this problem.
Available platform plugins are: wayland-org.kde.kwin.qpa, eglfs, linuxfb, minimal, minimalegl, offscreen, vnc, wayland-egl, wayland, xcb.
- nothing runs by itself; scripting needed
- udev rules copied from halium don't work due to user mismatches; this needs figuring out
How to enter flash mode
- Hold home + volume down when booting the device
- pmbootstrap flasher flash_kernel and
- pmbootstrap flasher flash_rootfs is working flawlessly
|Feature||Mainline kernel||Libhybris||Android's kernel|
- Hybris Description of how to run libhybris in postmarketOS