Jump to navigation
Jump to search
Newer edit →
Google Nexus 4 (lg-mako)
Revision as of 23:25, 25 August 2017
1,916 bytes added
23:25, 25 August 2017
Migrate from https://github.com/postmarketOS/pmbootstrap/wiki
=== Contributors ===
* PabloCastellano and robb4 on IRC: Workaround for red screen bug [https://github.com/postmarketOS/pmbootstrap/issues/54 #54]
=== Entering "Fastboot mode" ===
Hold <code>Volume Down</code> + <code>Power</code>, let go of <code>Power</code> once the device display does something (e.g. turns from battery icon to black screen).
=== What works ===
* Weston (has the red screen bug, but we have a workaround for that now 👍 )
=== What does not work ===
* The rest (Wifi, bluetooth, making calls, ...)
* fbsplash only displays splash images very shortly, then goes to black screen
=== Wifi ===
Looks like, we need to package the [https://github.com/LineageOS/android_device_lge_mako/blob/12ac6e9aeb32d5ac9fc832f2214ede2c7690d0a6/proprietary-blobs.txt#L152-L157 wcnss.* files] for wifi. A version from 2015 can be found [https://github.com/TheMuppets/proprietary_vendor_lge/tree/cm-14.1/mako/proprietary/vendor/firmware here]. It's a Qualcomm chip.
=== Alternative kernels ===
These are not packaged yet in postmarketOS, feel free to package them.
* [https://github.com/postmarketOS/pmbootstrap/issues/12 "Almost mainline" from John Stultz] <- maybe this also resolves the wrong-color-bug
* [https://github.com/postmarketOS/pmbootstrap/pull/38 Freedreno]
=== Links ===
* [https://github.com/postmarketOS/pmbootstrap/tree/master/aports/device-lg-mako Device package]
* [https://www.optiv.com/blog/building-a-nexus-4-uart-debug-cable Tutorial: UART debug cable]
* [https://developers.google.com/android/drivers#mako Official proprietary drivers]
=== Photos ===
* [https://ollieparanoid.github.io/img/2017-05-26/mako/editor.jpg Weston running with framebuffer issues]
* [https://cloud.githubusercontent.com/assets/6033024/26761940/2e3273e0-4928-11e7-8800-0b4ddb14e239.jpg robb4 patched Weston to display the right colors]
Retrieved from "
The usual wiki links