= == Contributors
* PabloCastellano and robb4 on IRC: Workaround for red screen bug
[https://github .com/postmarketOS / pmbootstrap/ issues/54 #54]
=== Entering "Fastboot mode" ===
Hold <code>Volume Down</code> + <code>Power</code>, let go of <code>Power</code> once the device display does something (e.g. turns from battery icon to black screen).
= What works ===
* Touchscreen * Weston (has the red screen bug, but we have a workaround for that now 👍 )
= What does not work ===
* XWayland * The rest (Wifi, bluetooth, making calls, . ..) * fbsplash only displays splash images very shortly, then goes to black screen
=== Wifi ===
Looks like, we need to package the [https:// github. com/ LineageOS/ android_device_lge_mako/ blob/ 12ac6e9aeb32d5ac9fc832f2214ede2c7690d0a6/ proprietary-blobs. txt#L152-L157 wcnss. * files] for wifi. A version from 2015 can be found [https:// github.com/ TheMuppets/ proprietary_vendor_lge/ tree/cm-14.1/mako/proprietary/vendor/firmware here] . It's a Qualcomm chip.
=== Alternative kernels ===
These are not packaged yet in postmarketOS , feel free to package them.
* [https: //github.com/postmarketOS/pmbootstrap/issues/12 " Almost mainline" from John Stultz] <- maybe this also resolves the wrong- color-bug * [https:// github.com/ postmarketOS/pmbootstrap/pull/38 Freedreno]
=== Links ===
* [https:// github.com/ postmarketOS/pmbootstrap/tree/master/aports/device-lg-mako Device package] * [https: //www.optiv.com/blog/building- a- nexus- 4- uart-debug-cable Tutorial: UART debug cable] * [https://developers.google.com/android/drivers#mako Official proprietary drivers]
=== Photos ===
* [https://ollieparanoid.github.io/img/2017-05-26/mako/editor.jpg Weston running with framebuffer issues]
* [https://cloud.githubusercontent.com/assets/6033024/26761940/2e3273e0-4928-11e7-8800-0b4ddb14e239.jpg robb4 patched Weston to display the right colors]