| manufacturer = Xiaomi
| name = Redmi 1S
| codename = armani
| image = File:Armani.jpg
| imagecaption = PostmarketOS running on Xiaomi Redmi 1S
| releaseyear = 2014
| originalsoftware = MIUI 6.0 (based on Android 4.3)
| chipset = Qualcomm
| cpu = Quad-core Snapdragon 400 1.6 GHz
| gpu = Adreno 305
| display = WLED, 720x1280
| memory = 1GB
== What works ==
* USB ethernet
* Flashing, via android-recovery-zip (twrp)
* Touchscreen (ft5x06_i2c)
* Screen: framebuffer (/dev/fb0), backlight & brigtness control (/sys/class/leds/wled:backlight/brightness)
== What does not work ==
* Screen: framebuffer console (no kernel boot log printed on the display)
* Wifi: rfkill (no support for blocking wireless via rfkill block wifi or nmcli radio wifi off). The only way to block wireless is unloading wlan module (``rmmod wlan`` or ``/etc/init.d/wlanarmani stop``)
msm8226-asoc-tapan can't be built into kernel directly, since the module requests probe deferral. : Here is part of kernel log with msm8226-asoc-tapan built directly into the kernel. <pre> [ 2.116756] msm8226-asoc-tapan sound -9302.43: Property 'qcom,audio-routing' does not exist or its length is not even [ 2.116772] msm8226-asoc-tapan: probe of sound-9302.43 failed with error -22 [ 2.136644] platform sound.42: Driver msm8226-asoc-tapan requests probe deferral </pre> : Will investigate it later.
* Other hardware features are untested (3D, bluetooth, modem, gps, accelerometer)
* Xorg based UI: postmarketos-ui-xfce4 displays nothing on the screen.
== Installation ==
* Put the device into TWRP recovery, either by booting twrp image via fastboot directly or by pressing VolumeKeyUp + Power button after flashing TWRP recovery image.
* Connect the device to the computer via usb cable
:<code>$ pmbootstrap init #select xiaomi-armani</code>
:<code>$ pmbootstrap export # generate symlinks inside /tmp/postmarketOS-export directory</code>
Battery state can be monitored. Refer to [[Battery capacity monitoring]] for more information.
== See also ==