|Name||Tolino Shine 3|
|Original software||Tolino firmware based on Android 4.4|
|Chipset||Freescale i.MX6 SoloLite|
|CPU||1x 1 GHz Cortex-A9|
|GPU||PXP + EPDC + Vivante|
|Display||1448x1072 6 inch e-paper|
|Storage||Internal µSD slot with 8GB|
Users owning this device
Comparison with Kobo Clara HD
The board is almost the same as the Kobo Clara HD, except for the SoC which is pin-compatible but not software-compatible.
The firmware from factory is different. Factory kernel is based on 3.0.35. Factory U-boot is much older and does not support dtbs,
Near mainline kernel and uboot is covered by the same fork as for the Kobo Clara HD.
Besides of the waveform sitting in a hidden partition (same place as for the Kobo Clara HD), also the epdc_E060SCM.fw from NXP's BSP has been reported to work. Waveform for the Kobo Clara HD does not work for this device.
See also (especially for installation instructions)
- Vendor U-boot and kernel source
- Upstream Devicetree Source (dts)
- branches kobo/drm-merged-5.X Patched mainline kernels (includes EPD), currently kobo/drm-merged-5.17
- branch kobo-2020-10 more recent u-boot behaving more normal, see corresponding wiki for details
- Wi-Fi driver, branch rtl8189fs
- pmaports!2909 Initial merge request