Wiko Lenny 2 (wiko-lenny2)
- has a working framebuffer, so it's possible to display stuff. No DRM as with a lot of older kernels, that means no phosh or sway, I guess.
- BADLY BROKEN,
mpvseem to make the kernel crash. The phone reboots afterwards
- maybe something non-alsa could work better?
- the network interface doesn't appear in
- battery reading
acpitells the battery is fully empty.
upower --dumpgenerates a segfault:
(upower:1682): UPower-WARNING **: 11:58:54.107: Cannot connect to upowerd: Error calling StartServiceByName for org.freedesktop.UPower: Process org.freedesktop.UPower received signal 11
- desktop environment
- Mate seems to work best. Mostly because it doesn't die from segfaults. It is missing the bottom panel though.
- Weston works, but for some reason, it sometimes fails to start:
sudo rc-service lightdm restart.
- Plasma Mobile only shows a mouse cursor on a black background, with loads of segfaults.
- Sway and Phosh require DRM support, so that's a no-go.
- XFCE4 fails to start, for some reason.
- i3 could be a possible alternative. Untested since the lack of external keyboard would make it useless.
- chocolate doom works on software rendering
Users owning this device
How to enter flash mode
First, boot phone into recovery mode. To do that, press thebutton while powering on the phone. When the logo appears, you can release any button held.
Once in the recovery mode, navigate to "reboot to bootloader" using the volume keys.
In my case, I had to validate pressing the button twice, then the power up button.
The kernel and the initramfs can be flashed using
pmbootstrap flasher flash_kernel. Flashing the rootfs requires a workaround. I recommend flashing the rootfs to the
userdata partition, as it is larger than