Xiaomi Redmi Note 4G (xiaomi-dior)
Users owning this device
How to enter flash mode
- Entering fastboot: hold + buttons until fastboot mode is displayed on the screen.
- Entering recovery: hold here + buttons. The default is Mi Recovery. TWRP is needed for installation, which can be obtained
To flash this device, the boot partition have to be flashed by fastboot:
$ pmbootstrap export
$ fastboot flash:raw boot /tmp/postmarketOS-export/boot.img-xiaomi-dior
However, rootfs could be flash by pmbootstrap normally:
$ pmbootstrap flasher flash_rootfs
And its system partition is quite small (800mb), to flash a large distribution (e.g. xfce4), you have to:
1. Split the boot and root partitions (hint: you can use
pmbootstrap install --split instead of losetup tricks):
sudo losetup /dev/loop0 /tmp/postmarketOS-export/xiaomi-dior.img
sudo dd if=/dev/loop0p1 of=boot_partition.img
sudo dd if=/dev/loop0p2 of=root_partition.img
sudo losetup -d /dev/loop0
2. Flash the boot partition to system partition:
$ fastboot flash system boot_partition.img
3. Use the netcat method to flash to user partition:
This original implementation of framebuffer device do not support framebuffer console and X-Windows, we patched all missing pieces such that it works. So xfce4 and FbKeyboard works now.
However, due to lacking of DRM driver, all drm related UI are not workings.
- pmaports!1992 Initial merge request