gPodder is a podcast client and media aggregator for desktop computers. We have packaged tpikonen's work in progress adaptive version and it works quite well.
Install the adaptive fork of gPodder:
$ sudo apk add gpodder-adaptive
Next, install a player such as
vlc-qt. (gPodder does not have an integrated player: gpodder#924)
$ sudo apk add lollypop
Launch gPodder with the desktop icon. As soon as you select an episode to play, your default media player will open the episode.
Tips and Tricks
In addition to the graphical user interface, gPodder has a command-line client. Start it with
- gpodder#878 gpodder should have an adaptive GTK / libhandy GUI
- gpodder#924 Adding an internal player to gpodder
- pmaports#872 proper podcast player for postmarketOS (compares a few podcatchers)
- pmaports!1822 initial MR for gpodder-adaptive
- phosh#664 media-player: add seek forward/back buttons
- tpikonen/gpodder libhandy enhanced Fork of gPodder