Samsung Galaxy J7 (samsung-j7elte)
Samsung Galaxy J7 (codenamed j7elte) is an popular entry-level smartphone from 2015. It has many different iterations over the years and ports to postmarketOS has been made to them. This is my attempt on the original J7.
This is a Image of a pretty badly destroyed Samsung Galaxy J7 running pmOS...
|Chipset||Samsung Exynos 7580 Octa|
|CPU||8x ARM Cortex-A53 @ 1500 MHz|
|GPU||ARM Mali-T720 MP2 @ 600 MHz|
|Memory||1.5 GB LPDDR3|
Users owning this device
- KrakinTheKonsole (Notes: Broken display digitizer. Using OTG+BT to control it.)
- Linux kernel 3.10.108
- Device information
- Hardcoded kernel arguments
- Making a PMOS Recovery zip
- Flashing using custom recovery
- Showing splash screen during boot
- Starting full X-Session and using the UI with USB-OTG Keyboard and Mouse
- Running LXQt or SXMO
- When the phone boots it shows the splash screen meaning the rendering is working. But it crashes and force reboots soon after. - This is probably caused due to the fact that the init is messed up because the bootloader passes the wrong kernel arguments. The ones that are used to boot android. - But this issue has been fixed
- Being unable to mount the system partitions in TWRP to check logs or modify the system. - This is a common issue in many PMOS builds.
- Display manager not showing up after starting up
- WiFi and Bluetooth hardware not being detected or initialized.
- LightDM Failing to start properly. Causing it to not boot into desktop automatically
How to enter flash mode
Power down the device first.
To enter ODIN/Heimdall flashing mode, press and hold+ + buttons until a warning screen pops up. Then press Volume Up button to enter ODIN mode.
Recovery (Stock/Custom) Mode
To enter Recovery (Stock/Custom) mode, press and hold+ + buttons until the Recovery splash screen pops up.
Perform the standard installation method provided by PostMarket OS Installation Guide
But keep in mind that...
|WARNING: Installation with Heimdall partially works. It is recommended to use the custom recovery method provided by PMOS Wiki to install it.|
|Remember to add these packages into the rootfs when asked in 'pmbootstrap init' :